Robin Cairns at StAnza 2012 (photo by John Starr)
And it’s not only the St Andrews Festival this week, it’s also Book Week Scotland, the first national celebration of books and reading (26th November – 2nd December 2012). Glasgow is hosting the first Book Week Scotland Pop-up Festival on Saturday 1 December at the Mitchell Library, with a packed programme for all ages, and a 2 for 1 offer* on all ticketed events.
- Charles Jencks on art and life
- The Battle for the Book debate featuring literature and publishing heavyweights incl. Waterstone’s CEO
- Liz Lochhead and Aidan Moffat celebrating My Favourite Place
- Sci-fi legends Iain M Banks and Ken McLeod
- A writing masterclass with Alan Bissett
- Illustration masterclass with John Fardell
- And the night closes with a Literary Death Match. Those taking part include a couple of recent StAnza participants, Joe Dunthorne from last March and Kevin Williamson from StAnza 2011. This one is NOT to be missed!
* Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Offer applies to tickets for the same show bought in advance. To get the 2 for 1 offer, please quote BT100 when booking your tickets:
- by phone: call 0141 353 8000
- online at www.glasgowlife.org.uk/libraries/bws2012
- Or in person at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall