StAnza, Scotland’s unique international poetry festival, is looking for new members to join the Board of Trustees. Having delivered a very successful online festival this year, StAnza is at an exciting time in its development, entering a changed and challenging arts environment under its new Festival Director, Lucy Burnett.
We are aiming for inclusivity, richness of experience and diversity to ensure a StAnza Board of Trustees that reflects the diversity of contemporary society. We would expect applicants to have an active interest in poetry, whether as writers or readers.
With the retirement of several Trustees, we are looking for particular skills to refresh the Board’s range:
- experience of and interest in the digital environment, especially as a ‘digital native’
- experience of developing equalities, diversity and inclusion action
- experience of fundraising
- dealing with environmental issues in an arts context.
And we are looking to fill two posts:
- Vice-Chair – with a view to taking over as Chair in 2022
- Shadow Treasurer – again with a view to taking on this post in 2022.
The Board meets 4/5 times a year, generally alternating between St Andrews and Edinburgh, although currently meeting by Zoom. It is chaired by Dr Robyn Marsack, who would welcome inquiries from those interested in joining the Board. Full information is available in the Trustees’ pack, available here.
We look forward to hearing from you!